Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cathryn
Helper III
Helper III

test row level via url

Hi All

I am trying to figure out why a link is broken from our Salesforce tool to a PowerBI Dashboard.  It takes them to a totally different report.  I've copied the link from the share access area for that report.  Then there is RLS in which the URL passes filters based on the users Email

Below is the link that is being passed and a snapshot of the RLS

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/dashboards/128c4faf-a8ae-44ff-bd2f-7d05ceae0454/ReportSection?filt...

Capture.PNG

What should the URL look like so I can just paste it into an address bar to test it by account?

Thanks!

Cathryn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cathryn,

As you already created a RLS role in desktop, after you publish the report to service, you can add members to this role by typing email addresses, and test role for a specific user follow this article. Then you can pin visuals from this report to a dashboard, each user has permission to access this dashboard/report can only see filtered data based on his/her own email address. So you needn't pass filter parameters the dashboard URL.

Another way is passing query string parameters in report URL instead of the dashboard URL: Filter a report with a URL query string parameter. In this way, without configuring RLS, the report also can be filtered.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cathryn,

As you already created a RLS role in desktop, after you publish the report to service, you can add members to this role by typing email addresses, and test role for a specific user follow this article. Then you can pin visuals from this report to a dashboard, each user has permission to access this dashboard/report can only see filtered data based on his/her own email address. So you needn't pass filter parameters the dashboard URL.

Another way is passing query string parameters in report URL instead of the dashboard URL: Filter a report with a URL query string parameter. In this way, without configuring RLS, the report also can be filtered.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.