Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rylee
Helper I
Helper I

sort two different charts by the same column

I have two charts below displaying Dollar Sales (black chart) and Dollar Sales Chg vs YA (red and green). The columns are for the same top 8 brands (blacked out here).  My dataset contains other columns, like Unit Sales, and Incremental Dollars, so the measures I am using for values are calculated sums based on slicer selection. i.e. select Unit Sales and the charts show the data from the Unit Sales column (black chart) and Unit Sales Chg vs YA (red and green) in my dataset.

The charts show the same 8 brands, but I want them to be sorted in the same order. I would like both charts to be sorted from greatest to smallest by the black chart (dollar sales, unit sales etc). Obviously I can sort this way for the black chart, but the red and green chart which shows change, I cannot figure out.

I have been trying to implement the following idea:

have a Rank column that gives a ranking number based on the selection in the slicer. Another column gives a letter a-h (8 letters). I concatenate this letter with the Brand name and use this for the y-axis and then turn the axis off and sort alphabetically by this concatenated brand. Any suggestions on how to do this or a better way would be greatly appreciated!

Chart Brands Label Help.JPG

1 REPLY 1
mike_honey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I would derive that sort sequence as a new Column back in the Query editor.  Then on the Modeling ribbon you can use the Sort By Column button to assign it to drive the sort for your Brand column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.