Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bhavana_PB
Frequent Visitor

select multiple sheets from existing excel sheet.

I have this excel sheet where there are 5 sheets like items, order, purchase order etc.

Now when i connected to power bi,  i only selected items and clicked on load button. But now i want to go back and select orders sheet also. How do i do it ?? And also I have this region field and i want to convert the datatype to geographical field. Like the way you can do it in tableau. How do i do that too ? 

I cannot find option of editing my dataset. I am very new to power bi. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bhavana_PB,

When you get data from the Excel sheet, you can select multiple sheets within one workbook:

q4.PNG

To set a geographical field, you can change Data Category as Country/Region:

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bhavana_PB,

When you get data from the Excel sheet, you can select multiple sheets within one workbook:

q4.PNG

To set a geographical field, you can change Data Category as Country/Region:

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

But what if I select only one sheet from a excel file, and later on i decided to pull 2 more sheet from same excel file then ? I wanted that editing opition is that option present ?

But thank you for your responses now I can change the  data type of my region. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.