Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CRamirez
Advocate II
Advocate II

scatter chart play axis reverts data colors

When using the scatter chart visualization, once the Play Axis is filled, all data colors revert to default. If the field occupying the Play Axis is removed, any color changes that were made prior will return. This also affects the 'Shapes' drop down on the formatting tab

any customizations on 'Marker shape' will revert to default as well. 

I saw that this issue was brought up about 8 months ago, but I have seen nothing about a resolution. Any help on this bug would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CRamirez,

According to your description, I have tested it with the latest version(2.54.4970.761 64-bit (January 2018)) of Power BI Desktop on my environment. I find that if the Play Axis is filled, the Data Color option will be unavailable within the Formatting tab. But the Sharps option will still be available. Smiley Happy

r1.PNGr2.PNG

Regards

Hello @v-ljerr-msft!

Yes the shapes option is still displayed, but any customization to the shapes will nevert back to default.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.