Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KarlinOz
Advocate III
Advocate III

ribbon crash

I had an instance this morning of the ribbon in Power BI Desktop crashing exactly in the same manner as Excel does from time to time. Clicking on any icon on the ribbon results in no response but clicking on any item in the report gives expected response. Just posting for interest to see if anyone else has had this issue. The fix is exactly the same as in Exclel - minimise the window and maximise it again - the ribbon then responds once again.

Version: 2.45.4704.722 32-bit (April 2017)

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @KarlinOz,

I don't experience this issue when using 2.45.4704.722 32-bit Power BI Desktop. Which version of Windows server do you install Power BI Desktop on?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft, it is installed on Windows 10 Pro 32 bit version 1607. I'm not sure what triggers the crash yet.

Hi @KarlinOz,

I install 32 bit Power BI Desktop on Windows 10 64 bit version 1607 and everything works well. I would recommend you enable Power BI trace to track the issue. You can go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics and click "enable tracing", then click icon in Ribbon and check the detailed logs in the traces folder.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ok Thx for that Lydia @v-yuezhe-msft I'll do that next week as I'm not at the client's premesis until then.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.