Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

reference band?

screenshots.png

hello everyone.

I have been trying to create a graph using the "line and Clustered column Chart" to achieve somewhat similar graph as above.

i currently managed until here:

screenshot2.png

I have 3 columns with value for color coding for Green, Red and yellow

Green is 75 and below. Red is 110 and above. Yellow is in between this two values. How do include the colored area to my graph that i drew? or probably a reference band? i am 1 day old to power bi so any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@GilbertQ, I dont think an average value was asked for. I was suggesting something like this:

Capture.JPG

If you want the average then it would be easier to make a measure using something like:

Average = calculate(AVERAGE(Table1[Value]),all(Table1[Month]))

and create:

Capture1.JPG

// If this is a solution please mark as such

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
nicholashill

poonam
Regular Visitor

Hi Joylili, Did you get any luck creating bands in Power BI, if yes could you please share. We are trying to achieve similar visulaization where I need bands.

I have 4 calculated columns in my dataset, which are 25th percentile, 50th Percentile, 75th Percentile and highest values, I need bands accoring to these columns. I also have a measure and a time dimension which I use for showing the line chart.

It would be great if you share.

Thanks!

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi you wont be able to create this chart exactly. You could add lines for bounds using either:

1. a static constant (under the analysis tab for a visual) if you were using a line or column chart

2. if the bounds change by some dimensionality in the model then make a related table (related by the relevant dimension) that holds say Dimesion in the rows and then a column called upper bound and one called lower bound these would have the relevant limits in them. You can make one through Ribbon/Home/Enter Data.

I would keep in mind what the data is trying to do. Obviously you are migrating a report from excel. Ask the question, can I do it in a better way using this new tool?

Hi @samdthompson

If you do want the Average value to be a line, you could create this using a Calculated Table in the Power BI model. Which you could then use as part of your line?

In terms of the colors I am not 100% sure if you can do what you want, but you might be able to using a visual as long as the values remain constant, or you shape your data to ensure that the value names stay the same.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ, I dont think an average value was asked for. I was suggesting something like this:

Capture.JPG

If you want the average then it would be easier to make a measure using something like:

Average = calculate(AVERAGE(Table1[Value]),all(Table1[Month]))

and create:

Capture1.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

screenshots.png

hello everyone.

I have been trying to create a graph using the "line and Clustered column Chart" to achieve somewhat similar graph as above.

i currently managed until here:

screenshot2.png

I have 3 columns with value for color coding for Green, Red and yellow

Green is 75 and below. Red is 110 and above. Yellow is in between this two values. How do include the colored area to my graph that i drew? or probably a reference band? i am 1 day old to power bi so any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you!

@Anonymous I believe you cannot achieve the color band in column chart. Same you can try out in stacked area chart. Hope this helps !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.