Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bulli2103

"Sort by column" influences all pages

Hello,

I have a Power BI report with several pages. Two different pages are containing the same stacked column chart (same data on x and y axis), but I want to change the order of the columns on the x axis through the "Sort by column" functionality. Sorting works as expected, but sorting one chart influences the other chart, i.e. I cannot get these two charts sorted in a different way (e.g. by release data or by number of remaining bugs for a software version).

Maybe somebody of you struggeled with the same problem and found a solution for it?

Thanks,

Marcus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorting one chart does not influence another chart.  But sort by column is a global setting, so sort by column will sort the data model and that will influence the default sort of all charts.   If you want to change the sort of a single chart, the use the ellipsis in the top right hand corner of the chart. You can sort by any value in the chart. I'm not sure about tool tips though. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sorting one chart does not influence another chart.  But sort by column is a global setting, so sort by column will sort the data model and that will influence the default sort of all charts.   If you want to change the sort of a single chart, the use the ellipsis in the top right hand corner of the chart. You can sort by any value in the chart. I'm not sure about tool tips though. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.