Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MWitkin
Frequent Visitor

"Shared Axis" for two date columns on Clustered Line Graph?

Hello,

I am hoping someone can suggest a measure to use as a shared axis in a Clustered Line and Bar Graph visual.

I have a table with two date columns, and I would like to display the count of the dates in each column in a bar graph, grouped by month across a multi-year scale. So for example, if there are 4 dates which occur in April '15 in column 1, and 2 dates in April '15 in column 2, then the bars in the graph above April would be valued at 4 and 2, with the X-axis expanding across the full timeline covered in the columns.

Here's a mockup visual of what I am looking for:

mockupdates.png

I've tried using a few different methods, such as duplicating one of the columns and transforming it into a Start of Month column and using that as the axis, but the numbers are always wrong in at least one of the counts illustrated by the bars.

Any help would be very much appreciated and rewarded with kudos!

23 REPLIES 23

WHen you unpivoted the date axes, did you create a column for receivd and dispatched?  You put this new axis on the "ledgend" section

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hi

I have two date columns named Date_Logged and Resolved_time and i need to plot the months in the x-axis till current month.
Im using Line clustered column chart but when i place the measures of Logged and closed_year using date_logged and resolved_time on the shared axis, the count is the same for both bar chart.
And when i use only resolved_time on the shared axis, the count for closed comes correct.
FYI: Logged is calculated based on date_logged
Closed_year is caculated based on Resolved_time.
Attaching snapshot for your reference.
Please guide me through since its quite urgent here at work.
Thanks in advancecount is coming same for both the measurescount is coming same for both the measures

@MattAllington Now this is workig! Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.