Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joyo
Frequent Visitor

"Go to the next level in hierarchy (Button)" Power Bi Matrix Table

I have an issue with drilling down the Metrix table "Go to the next level in the hierarchy (button)" is not making any sense to me as per my data. 

Here is how my Data looks like.

Data.PNG

Here is the default result of my Matrix Table.

Dft.PNG

Here is the level 1 result of hierarchy.

l1.PNG  

Here is the level 2 result of hierarchy.

l2.PNG

Here is the level 3 result of hierarchy.

l3.PNG

By using "Go to the next level in the hierarchy (Button)" its simply adding up all the values by year, month and day as per our data I want to drill down using "Config" column as primary. 

eg.

Level 1

config 1

Year 2016            all values 

Year 2017            all values 

Level 2

config 1 

Year 2016          

Month August         all values 

Month December     all values 

Year 2017                                

Month August         all values 

Month December     all values 

Level 3                       

config 1 

Year 2016          

Month August 

Day 1     all values 

Day 2    all values 

Month December   

Day 1    all values 

Day 2    all values 

Year 2017          

Month August 

Day 1     all values 

Day 2      all values 

Month December   

Day 1      all values 

Day 2       all values 

So on config 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Previously  I Posted a Question regarding disable a "Go to the next level in the hierarchy (Button)"  or remove, as per the answer I received it is builtin functionality it cant be removed or disabled.

Here is the Matrix table "Expand all down one level in the hierarchy (Button)" and it's really serving my purpose perfectly.    

hc.PNG

Is there any way I can drill down using "Go to the next level in the hierarchy (Button)" and I can achieve the same result as 

"Expand all down one level in the hierarchy (Button)".  or if you have any other suggestion I will really appreciate that.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joyo,

It is impossible to use this button to achieve the 'expand to next hierarchy level' feature.

AFAK, these button has fixed features, you can only click on 'expand all down one level in the hierarchy ' button to expand records or right click on category column and choose the 'expand to next level' option.

1.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joyo,

It is impossible to use this button to achieve the 'expand to next hierarchy level' feature.

AFAK, these button has fixed features, you can only click on 'expand all down one level in the hierarchy ' button to expand records or right click on category column and choose the 'expand to next level' option.

1.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.