Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

"GET DATA" - data change (need help)

Hello, (image as a refference)

I am wondering whether it is able to track the data changes in the data set?

For example I take my data from a very simple CRM system and information such as whether the item is shipped to the customer or not is managed with a simple tick box. What it does in the datafield in powerbi I know and see that shipped items are (1) ant not yet shipped ones are (0). However the issue is that when the data is refreshed the (1) might change to (0) and (0) ight change to (1) id someone checked and unchecked the box and it doesn't timestamp the change.

Is it possible to timestamp the particular field change in power bi? As when the dataset is manually refreshed it just changes the data field and Overwrites it... However I would like to know when the particuar field was changed. Is it possible? 

Thank you for your time (:.

Sketch.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BalaVenuGopal
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Anonymous ,

First time you load the data and then take duplicate of this data from next time just you keep on appending the source 1 use merge to join these two sources will give you final result .

Check this approcah will help you (You can do all these transformations from edit query window)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BalaVenuGopal
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Anonymous ,

First time you load the data and then take duplicate of this data from next time just you keep on appending the source 1 use merge to join these two sources will give you final result .

Check this approcah will help you (You can do all these transformations from edit query window)

No, this is not possible. Power BI cna only load data, it cannot stage and hold data. You need another approach to storage. Eg you could take csv extracts from your source system and store them on disk. Then load all the extracts over time and compare them from there. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.