Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

snowyweston
Regular Visitor

"Continuous" Report using different (slicer? page filter? values) per page

Hi everyone, first post, so please be gentle!

I've toyed with PowerBI only a little, and appreciate I still have a fair amount of the "basics" to cover - but I'm reaching the point where random-testing isn't getting me where I need to be.

Essentially I (currently) have one data source; in the form of a .txt export of an Access Union query (to get around certain limitations with the original source application: Autodesk Revit Architecture) - and have succesfully connected it to PowerBI (Desktop) and tailored a (single page) report layout to fit my desired Report's purpose.

(please forgive the shambolic off-screen photo!)

crop.JPG

My "issue" now is how I go about creating a "rolling", or "continuous" report, based on that (exact same) layout (of visualisations) applied to multiple pages, (not "duplicated" per-say, as I'd like to maintain the one consistent report layout and have future edits propogated), where each page will then have a different set of "filtered" inputs (which I've currently setup as Slicers) - where printing the report:

Page 1 = Option "1" + Option Variant "A"

Page 2 = Option "1" + Option Variant "B"

Page 3 = Option "2" + Option Variant "A"

Page 4 = and so on...

until all permutations (of the slicer-pair-selections) are covered.

Any help, ideas, questions and/or recommended reading, would be greatly appreciated!

-Kieren

PS: From my reading (so far) I know PowerBI is heavily geared towards "live" data-interaction (appreciated) and there appear to be many-a-thread-of-woe about it's (lack of?) printing output functionality - but hopefully I've been misreading and there is a relatively a simple solution.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @snowyweston,

In your current report page, select all visuals (click one visual, then press Ctrl in your keyboard and click remaining visuals), copy them by pressing Ctrl+C, the paste these visuals in new report pages by pressing Ctrl+V. After that, you can set different permutations in slicers in each report page.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Stating the obvious a little no Lydia?

As per my OP:

1. I wish to keep/maintain the layout of the visualisations the same for the future (copying and pasting will make them distinct)

2. I do not wish to interact with a slicer per page, but have PowerBI "sequence" through (additional/continuous) pages.

Hi @snowyweston,

Right click on your current report page, you can duplicate report page as shown in the following screenshot.
1.PNG2.PNG

I am not clear about your second requirement, if you don't want to use slicers per page, you can use page filter instead.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.