Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tas1
Advocate I
Advocate I

powerbi desktop table showing only one value

Hi All,

I'm newto Powerbi I have a problem where I have this table:

Channels               Type

Channel1               Live TV

Channel2               VOD

Channel3               VOD

Channel4               VOD

Channel5               Live TV

Channel6               Live TV

Channel7               Live TV

I'm using the second column as slicer but when I use it any where in the visuals area it's showing only "Live" , I tried using it as a page filter the same happens again I find only "Live" in teh tick list..

PS: the columns I'm trying to filter by this column are from related table ,,Ihope this peice of information helps!

Heeeeelp Please !!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tas1,

The slicer is used to filter rows in table. We are unable to use it as page filter.

>>I tried using it as a page filter the same happens again I find only "Live" in teh tick list..

When you click "Live TV", it only return corresponding context for Live TV, right? If it is, you can use a page level filter, please review the following screenshot.

1.PNG

Please see more details for different filter in this document.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tas1,

The slicer is used to filter rows in table. We are unable to use it as page filter.

>>I tried using it as a page filter the same happens again I find only "Live" in teh tick list..

When you click "Live TV", it only return corresponding context for Live TV, right? If it is, you can use a page level filter, please review the following screenshot.

1.PNG

Please see more details for different filter in this document.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft 

Thank you so much for your feedback thats really helpful!!! it worked just the way you say.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.