Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ecb21

one slicer to correspond with multiple date fields in the same table

For an assignment I am creating a dashboard to monitor to amount of feedback created and closed within a timeframe.
Both the "feedback_date_created" as the "feedback_date_completed" are in the same table "feedback"

After some reading I came accross the use of USERELATIONSHIP, with this formula I created 2 measure fields in the "feedback" table to make a chart which shows the amount of feedback created and closed within a timeframe. This works great!

I now want to go a step further. I have created 2 visual tables, one showing the created feedback and another showing the closed feedback. 
I want both tables to filter based on the slicer, corresponding with the correct field of course.
They don't correspond though due to the fact that for both "feedback_date_created" as the "feedback_date_completed" the relationship is set on "inactive".

Do I need to make a decision which of these 2 date fields is leading or is there a work around?

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ecb21,

Do you create a single Date table, and create relationships between the Date table and your feedback table?

Slicers don't utilize inactive relationships, thus when you create slicer using date field of the date table, and select values in the slicer, both table visuals are not filtered.

You would need to make a decision that make one of the inactive relationships active, for the other inactive relationship, create measure by using USERELATIONSHIP() function.

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.