Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Minty7

omit null values

The data source for a dashboard is excel. The resultset is one value and the rest are null. How do you omit the null value given certain column for a label?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

To ans wer your specific needs - If you just need only the Top row always, In Query Editor -> Home Tab- > Keep Rows->Keep Top Rows-> Enter 1 as row, this will keep the top row only.

If you want to apply a filter on column level, you can apply a filter to remove the NULL rows.

Thanks
Raj

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Minty7,

It seems that you 're using excel as data source. Do you get data from Power BI Service or Power BI Desktop?

What is your data sample like?

I 'm not very clear about your scenario, could you description in more details about your problem? You may could show some screenshots to specify it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm not at my pc to post a screenshot. One of the columns in the excel file only has 1 value. The rest of the rows are blank. This will always be the case for this column. I only want the 1st row. The value will always appear in the 1st row.
Anonymous
Not applicable

To ans wer your specific needs - If you just need only the Top row always, In Query Editor -> Home Tab- > Keep Rows->Keep Top Rows-> Enter 1 as row, this will keep the top row only.

If you want to apply a filter on column level, you can apply a filter to remove the NULL rows.

Thanks
Raj

It wroks, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.