Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EdEvetts
Helper II
Helper II

object reference not set to an instance of an object

HObject.PNGi all

I am getting the following error when trying to publish to PBI service from desk top. This is a dashboard I have published previously with out any problems, but this error has occured since the June 17 desktop update. I did go back to the May 17 desktop update, just to check and everything worked fine.

I have seen a couple of other similar posts from February this year, but nothing more recently, grateful for any suggestions as to how I might fix it

thanks Ed

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @EdEvetts,

Yesterday(6/21/2017), a new version 2.47.4766.801(June 2017) of Power BI Desktop is available. Could you go to check if the issue persists with this latest version of Power BI Desktop?

If the issue persists, could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue if possible? So that we can help further investigate on it. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Regards

thanks @v-ljerr-msft, will go and check this latest version and let you know how I get on. I did manage to over come one issue by re-doing the links between tables, but then noticed the same issue was happening with other dashboards

thanks Ed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am struggling with the same issue. Have published this report multiple times, but now I am getting this same error over and over.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.