Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

atisenbe
Regular Visitor

numeric range slicer

I am trying to filter my page using a data set that is categorized as whole number(1,2,3) using a slicer, however it would be convenient to use a between, less than or equal, etc. options. The data set is just a batch number (1-45). However these options are not showing under the carat in the right hand corner. Only List and Dropdown show up. I have the header selected on as well. Am I able to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @atisenbe,

The numeric range slicer is still a preview feature currently. So you'll need to firstly enable it under File -> Options -> Preview features, then to use it. Smiley Happy

options.PNG

In addition, the following limitations and considerations currently apply to the numeric range slicer

• The numeric range slicer currently filters every underlying row in the data, not any aggregated value. For example, if a Sales Amount field is used, each transaction based on Sales Amount would be filtered upon, not the sum of Sales Amount for each data point of a visual.

• It does not currently work with Measures

• Currently the numeric range slicer is only available in Power BI Desktop. If a report that uses the numeric range slicer is published to the Power BI service, the filter will still be applied but it will appear as a list slicer.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @atisenbe,

The numeric range slicer is still a preview feature currently. So you'll need to firstly enable it under File -> Options -> Preview features, then to use it. Smiley Happy

options.PNG

In addition, the following limitations and considerations currently apply to the numeric range slicer

• The numeric range slicer currently filters every underlying row in the data, not any aggregated value. For example, if a Sales Amount field is used, each transaction based on Sales Amount would be filtered upon, not the sum of Sales Amount for each data point of a visual.

• It does not currently work with Measures

• Currently the numeric range slicer is only available in Power BI Desktop. If a report that uses the numeric range slicer is published to the Power BI service, the filter will still be applied but it will appear as a list slicer.

Regards

This option does not appear to me.

I've tried to reinstall option but option does not display.

AKMash
Frequent Visitor

Had the same issue. In my case the data was recognised as text instead of numeric values. Go on home tab - Queries, do on the title of the column you are interested and check it out. If it isText press next to Title (ABC if text) and choose decimal number. Now the you have between option in slider added to dropdown and list.

Hope this helps.

On my Power Bi this option does not exist.

Re-installed application and option does not exist.

Only 2 options are DropDown and list

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen this happen a few times.  First, make sure you have the most recent version of Power BI.

Second, sometimes I've found you need to delete the slicer and re-add it to the page.  

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.