Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

svishwanathan
Helper III
Helper III

not able to load excel file

Hello

I am trying to load a simple excel file into power Bi. I get no error when I load the file. Strangely when I try to view the data, I see nothing on the sheet. But when I go into query editor, I can see data... Why is this happening

pic 4.jpgPic 5.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My best guess is that you have blank lines in your data that sort on top after loading your table.

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just copy paste your data in new excel sheet. It worked for me. 🙂

svishwanathan
Helper III
Helper III

Hello

I am trying to load a simple excel file into power Bi. I get no error when I load the file. Strangely when I try to view the data, I see nothing on the sheet. But when I go into query editor, I can see data... Why is this happening

pic 4.jpgPic 5.jpg

My best guess is that you have blank lines in your data that sort on top after loading your table.

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Awesome.....thanks so much...I spent the whole day yesterday feeling miserable that i couldnt even load data.....Thanks so much again

Sorry Marcel

I clicked the wrong response as solution

You hit the nail on the head...all I did is sort my columns and voila the data appeared

Is there anyway I can show your post as solution

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Did you press the "Close and Apply" button on the query window?  If so, you would see PowerBI applying your query results.

Hello

I did do close and load but doesnt work. Also I used get data to pull this excel file but when I didn't see anything on my sheet, out of curiousity I checked the edit query tab. I did this also because when I loaded the data, the preview showed me all columns.

Also when i go into the chart or BI mode, I can pull the differenet headers and data populates except for case numbers which is teh first column

Is it something I need to do with the excel file before I load it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.