Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hemantsingh
Helper V
Helper V

not able to count the rows in a filter context

Hi community,

i am trying to calculate the count of soem rows in a filter context. All i am able to get is the total count bypassing the filter context.

I have three tables i.e Topic Tree, Topic_Main, Calculated Table . All this three tables have a column Topic_ID common & has are connected to each other through relationship.

Relationship_DiagramRelationship_Diagram

Visual_With wrong totalsVisual_With wrong totals

I am trying to show the Count of Material_attachment_ID in a matrix visual where on Rows i have taken Sub_topic & on columns i have taken Attachment_Doc_Type_ID. I have put Topic_Desc in a filter. Its a very simple setup but i am not able to figure out where i am missing.

Also, in calculated table only material_Attachment_ID is unique or non-repeating. In Other words One Topic_Id can have multiple Material_Id & one material_ID can have multiple material_Attachment_ID. e.g 1 Topic_desc can have 2 material id's & 6 material_Attachment_ID's.

Can someone put me in right direction. Why same no. is repating & data is not getting filtered??

Regards,

Hemant

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hemantsingh,

Could you please try to use a measure to calculate the Count of Material_attachment_ID rather than directly add this field into matrix?

Measure=Count(Calculated_Table[Material_attachment_ID])

Please provide some detailed sample data stored in each table so that I can test for you.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hemantsingh
Helper V
Helper V

no one in here that has any idea about what wrong i am doing???

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.