Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

svishwanathan
Helper III
Helper III

master calendar giving aggregate value instead of row wise calculation

Good Afternoon

I am a struggling beginner to Power BI. The problem I am bringing to this forum has been tackled before and i have read and tried to emulate all solutions. There is definitely something I am missing but cannot figure out what.

I would like to create a chart for opened, closed and backlog tickets. For now I just want to tackle opened and closed tickets.

For Opened tickets, i use a measure #CasesCreated = COUNTA('TableName'[Case Number])

For Closed Tickets, I use this measure #Cases Closed = COUNTROWS(FILTER('TableName','TableName'[Status]="Closed"))

I have checked that the measures give me the right answer. Also when I try to plot this data by timerange within the particular table they work fine 

See

date from case datadate from case datadate from case datadate from case data

But i would like to plot this against date from master calendar so that in one table, i can get opened and closed cases for a given month. My master calendar has dates with asssociate month, quarter and year. See what happends when I plot this by master calendar dateswhen plotted with month or date from master calendarwhen plotted with month or date from master calendar

3 REPLIES 3

@svishwanathan The blank implies that you haven't created a relationship between the master date table and your other date in the other table. If you have, go in to edit queries and check that the datatypes and format align in both tables for the date column. Close&Apply, and format the same in the model and things should start working.

By default if a relationship isn't working the dataset will be the same for all values, or there are no matching values in one of the tables.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for responding so promptly....I am reaching the end of my wits trying to figure this one out!!

I tried to import an excel file to see if maybe it will help but I am having issues even to upload a simple file....

@svishwanathan Are the datatypes the same in both the "Edit Queries" section on all the tables, as well as the format in the model? Do you have a relationship connected on the right columns in each table?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.