Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shihwenwu
Frequent Visitor

how to present sales data that can be filtered by currency

Hi all,

I'm new to DAX and power BI

I have written a measure that calcualte the total sales filtered by week (pic1)

Capture.PNG

What I need to do is to present the sales data into different currency by a currency filter, but I not sure how to write a measure to present that.

at the moment the currency is vary according to its country

below is exchange rate table

Capture2.PNG

below is the data model 

currency2.PNG

Thx!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you trying to filter only those transactions that corresponds to country and apply the exchange rate  based on the transaction date (or) something like reporting country so that all transactions irrespective of transaction country would be picked and applying the exchange rate on it?

hi @Anonymous

There will be 2 filters in the final dashboard

one is contry filter and the other is currency filter

The user will be able to check the total sales of certain country(s) based on certain currency.

something like:

Capture.PNG

The current Mesure has summed up the correct total sales, but in different currency

I am thinking of enhancing the current Measure so that it can get and multiply the correct rate based on "currency" and "weekEnding" in Sales table (which is business_report_P2), and "transactCurrency" and "weekEnding" in exchange rate table.

Here's the current measure:

Jan.13 = CALCULATE(SUM(business_report_P2[ordered_product_sales]), FILTER(business_report_P2,[WeekEnding_textForm] = "1/13/2018"))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.