Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Angel
Resolver III
Resolver III

hierarchy date doubt

Hi, everyone

I think my question is simple. 

If I select two years, ¿is there a way using only date hierarchy to show in a continous line all months from 1 year and then the other months of other year? (x-axis).

I know I can do that using calculated column to concatenate Year+Month, but ¿is there another way?.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have you tried creating a hierarchy with year and month? Choose a line chart and put this hierarchy on the axis. To display what you want (year+month) in the X-Axis choose the third drill down icon on the top left of the chart ("Expand all one level in the hierarchy")

Alex

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Angel,

Assuming that you use a line chart the best way is to use the Month in the X-Axis and then the Year in the legend, that way you will get the two years in different lines.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi, @MFelix

I can't use Year in legend becuase seller name is used it.

I want to show how prices have changed across all months from 2016 to 2017.

Anyway, thanks!!!

Have you tried creating a hierarchy with year and month? Choose a line chart and put this hierarchy on the axis. To display what you want (year+month) in the X-Axis choose the third drill down icon on the top left of the chart ("Expand all one level in the hierarchy")

Alex

Thanks, @alexvc

It works!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.