Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

grouping question

Hi,

I am very new to PowerBI and trying to achieve below.

I have below output.

Plan  Color

ABC  RED

DEF  GREEN

GHI  GREEN

JKL   GREEN

MNO RED

I want below output from the above.

Color  Count

RED       2

GREEN  3

How to achive this? There are 2 rows with RED and 3 rows with GREEN, I want to aggregate them.

The Plan column came from the SQL Server DB query.  The color is a measure that came from calculated fields. (the logic for that is: if the plan had >= 90% success color is GREEN, otherwise RED).

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

Capture.PNG

This is how it looks as of now. In a separate table visualization as soon as I drop colorcode, the only color it displays is GREEN because overall result is GREEN. This is happening because the GREEN/RED for individual plan is determined based on the calculation for that plan.

Desired output for above is:

Colorcode  Count

RED                2

GREEN           7

Thanks.

if the color is a calculated column then it works fine. I just tested it. My problem is: color is a measure that is being derived from the calculations.

@ppgandhi11,

In the visual settings, turn off "Total", and set Health Plan to "Count" rather than "Don't Summarize"

h.PNG

xx.PNG

where is the "Total" that I need to turn off? I did not get that part.

Also, I already tried doing count on Health Plan the way you showed me. That would not work I think because I am getting 1000s of records from the database. every record has a associated health plan.

The logic is: if the 90% of claims are paid within 15 days, then the associated health plan should turn Green, otherwise Red. I got upto the point I demonstrated where I am putting every plan in either green or red by using various measures.

Now I need to display how many plans are red and how many are green. that is where I am stuck.

If I put count on health plan, then the aggregation is putting the numbers in 10000s for green and red is missing because overall total claims and processed claims are above 90% for all the healthplans collectively.

may be this will give you a better picture. The bottom table shows total number of records, processed records and green/red for each of the health plan.

The total number gets displayed when i follow your steps. The total is turned off in the middle visual . Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.