Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bbrown44
Advocate II
Advocate II

date format in table visualization (how to keep as is and not get sub-date formats)

I am trying to use a date format variable and create a view of a date... When I click on date visualization instead of getting a date i get 4 sub-variables (i.e., year, quarter, month, day). I just want the table view to show the date variable as is (e.g., 9/17/2017). I do I change the format to do that? ~Bryon

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Bbrown44

You simply have to click on your column name so it will display dates instead of trying to create hierarchy

hierarchie.PNG

-Quentin

View solution in original post

@Bbrown44

you can found the formatting option right here : 

changedate.png

Have a good day

- Quentin

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
denzthahelper18
Frequent Visitor

Power BI - CUSTOM Date Formats (MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY) - YouTube

This helps change your visuals date formats to DD/MM/YYYY, from a long date 

I did need that extra bit of info.. thanks

lsullivan6311
Helper III
Helper III

I am having this exact issue; however, the resolution offered in this post is not working.  Changing the auto date/time format checked changed nothing.  Is there something else I can try?

AparnaSukumar91
Regular Visitor

@Bbrown44 

Go to File > Options and settings > Options > Data Load > under Time intelligence > uncheck the box for auto date/time

Now the auto date heirarchy setting is removed meaning you will be able to select date in any format you want but in a single column in the Table Visual.

quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Bbrown44

You simply have to click on your column name so it will display dates instead of trying to create hierarchy

hierarchie.PNG

-Quentin

THANK YOU this was driving me mad!!

For those still confused, this is under the 'Columns' section under the 'Visualisations' window, rather than under  the 'Fields' list

Great!!! This does work however the format of the date is now (e.g., Friday, December 01, 2017)... How do I keep the original formatting (i.e., 12/01/2017).

Thanks for your help!!!

@Bbrown44

you can found the formatting option right here : 

changedate.png

Have a good day

- Quentin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.