Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bonosungho
Helper I
Helper I

couldn't find a power bi report server

Hi, i installed the power bi report server GA but everytime when i try to save the report to the server, i am getting "couldn't find a power bi report server at this address " message.   I'm using the port 8000 

http://servername:8000/ReportServer/Reports  

I can ensure the server is running okay and i can access the portal on the web too..

Not sure what's actually happening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bonosungho,

When you save the report to Power BI report server, please specify the URL found in RSCM:

q3.PNG

q4.PNG

Or you can go to the web portal, use Upload feature to publish report.

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bonosungho,

When you save the report to Power BI report server, please specify the URL found in RSCM:

q3.PNG

q4.PNG

Or you can go to the web portal, use Upload feature to publish report.

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PBI Report Server Selection.JPG

I tried what you have mentioned, yet no luck.

I have attached a screenshot of the issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Hello Deepthi,

If you are trying to host and run PowerBI reports from SQL Server Reporting Services, I don't think that's possible anymore with the introduction of Power BI Report Server as announced by Microsoft on May 3. Read this blog for more detail:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlrsteamblog/2017/05/17/a-closer-look-at-power-bi-report-server/

Regards,

Sohail

Hi Sohail,

Thanks a lot for this. 

Solved the problem for me.

Cheers 🙂

how to solve? please tell me .thanks.

we submit any address ,the tip infomation is :......

I too had the same problem, It was due to miscofiguration of urls. While Setting up powerBI server, theWebservice URL and Web Portal URL was set to same which caused the error. Modifed the URL's and used Web Portal URL to save the reports.

Thanks venkat7be! Your anser solved my problem.

Yes. Please do tell what was the resolution.

so what was the resolution? I am using Power BI report server GA build and getting the same error when trying to save/open any report from the report server. "we couldn't find a Power BI Report Server at this address". report server has been configured as per Microsoft documentation and I am able to connect to the web portal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.