Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hermesgoddess
Frequent Visitor

cannot convert value null to type logical

I tried finding any already existing issues on this, but cannot seem to find THIS issue (similar, but not this one). And all of the other issues are way above my head.

I have no idea if I do all the steps right, but this is how my BI is built:

Source = Sharepoint Folder

{I have 6 folders in SharePoint that I need to break apart again once in BI - I searched for solutions to an apparent known issue that when using SharePOint Folder as your source you can't actually use the FOLDER< but still need to back up to the root directory and then filter the resulting combined tables into just the folder one needs). Done. Those Queries all look fine & seem to refresh fine. Although I randomly have a bunch of null rows that I cannot make go away in the source files (all CSV files)}  <- The null rows are important as I think this is the root of my problem. 

I then create duplicate queries to create one-to-may relationships between the primary data queries

{i.e. I make a date query to hold ONLY the unduplicated date fields, I make a Target query to hold only the unduplicated Target fields, etc}

THESE are the queries that will not refresh. When I try to Refresh all, I get the error:

We cannot convert the value null to type logical

I don't know what this means nor can I figure out how to fix it. I tried adding a filter step at the end of my Applied Steps to remove empty. Still got the error when I try to refresh. 

How to I either stop that error from happening OR how do I get rid of those pesky empty rows that show up from the source file, but aren't really in the source file?

I am not running anthing major on these queries. I don't know R or M or SAS or SQL or anything like that. It is just very rudimentary. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hermesgoddess
Frequent Visitor

I think I fixed my issue... I applied the filter farther up the Applied Steps chain and it cleared up the error. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
hermesgoddess
Frequent Visitor

I think I fixed my issue... I applied the filter farther up the Applied Steps chain and it cleared up the error. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.