Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vinoddevathi
Frequent Visitor

cannot connect to Mysql database from Power BI desktop

Hi All,

Can anyone help me in connecting to Mysql databse.

error3.png 

I have installed mysql-connector-net 6.6.5 as per the below microsoft document

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-data-source-prerequisites

Still I am getting this error. It would be greatful if you help us on this as I am working on critical project

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vinoddevathi,

How did you connect to MySQL database? Did you directly use the "MySQL database connector"?

Based on my research, using a MySQL variable in query would cause such an error. If you input any query when creating the data source connection, please run the query in MySQL DB first to ensure it can return correct data.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

I got this error while connecting through MySQL database connector. I have installed MySQL 6.6.5 connector in my system.

error 4.png

I have installed MySQL ODBC 5.3.9 as well and connected using ODBC connection but still I am getting below error.

Few weeks back, I connected through ODBC and it was working fine. But it is strange that now I am unable to connect through ODBC and native connection

error2.png

Hi @vinoddevathi,

Could you please update your Power BI desktop to the latest version for a test?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.