Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lbarreiro
Regular Visitor

can't share dashboard outside my workspace

Hello!
I'm new user in Power BI. I have a question: I want to share a dashboad with someone, who isn't in my workspace, It isn't outside of my organización. One month ago I could do it, but now I can't. When I do it, with who I share my dashboad, he can't see the reports.

Power bi had a change?

Someone can help me?

Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lbarreiro,

Could you ensure that you have shared with him successfully? Did you see the successfully sharing prompt? And did e received the email? If so, could he open the dashboard successfully from the email link?

Currently, the received dashboard shared by others will not be displayed in the dashboard list under "My Workspace". We should go to "Shared with me" tab to see corresponding dashboard. Please let your recipient try this to see whether it works.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've been able to confirm with the recipient who has received the email with the link, the recipient has the report in " My workspace", but when he opens it shows the following:

I don't understand why it fails, the only explanation is that he is out of the workarea.

adfad.jpg

Hi @lbarreiro,

What did the error message say? Did you configure RLS in those report visuals which were pinned to dashboard? And what license did the recipient use, Pro or Free?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The user has a pro license and the message says the following

I don't understand your second question! 

adf.jpg

Hi @lbarreiro,

Did you configure RLS in those report visuals which were pinned to dashboard?

Do you configure RLS (Row Level Security) in reports which will restrict data access for given users

Would you please translate the error message into English so that I can better understand it.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.