Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

calculating a measure based on a column in a different table

Question

The following measure successfully calculates the cumulative CO2 emissions per building present in my data model, based on electricity and gas usage of each building. The buildings are in a different table than the measure, and so are their square meters of floor area.

Cumulative CO2 Emissions Year per Building = 
 IF(
 MONTH([Date ]) < MONTH(TODAY());
 ElectricityTelemetryData[Cumulative CO2 Emission Electricity Year]+GasTelemetryData[Cumulative CO2 Emissions Gas Year];
 BLANK()
    )

Now I want to divide this measure by the square meters that belong to each building. Strangely enough, the following DAX code doesn't work, and it gives the message "The column 'Buildings[HouseSizeInSquareMeters]' either doesn't exist or doesn't have a relationship to any table available in the current context." Even though the tables ARE related, albeit indirectly, and I have already tried switching cross-filter directions of relationships from single to both.

Cumulative CO2 Emissions Year Per Building per m² = 
DIVIDE(
	'MetaUtilityTypes'[Cumulative CO2 Emissions Year Per Building];
	RELATED(Buildings[HouseSizeInSquareMeters])
)

Hope somebody can help!

Kind regards,

Robin

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.