Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Y axis labels cut off in barchart

Of course I have limited space on my dashboard but I'd like to see the axis of my barchart.

Can I adjust that somewhere?  I'm okay with looking at smaller barcharts, as long as I can see the full y axis

yas.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brian_M
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It's a pain, the axes text alignment is controlled by an algorithm and you can't fix it with a single visual

I was able to get the result by using two visuals, a single column table visual with right aligned text (trick is to adjust the row padding to space the table rows out the same amount) and the horizontally narrow bar chart visual with no axes, titles etc. You might want to add the legend by snipping the legend as a picture and reinserting - that way the legend doesn't get cropped as well.

You get the right result by juggling the table row padding, and adjusting the vertical size of the adjacent bar chart until the table rows line up with the respective bar chart categories.

Table Formatting

'Sparse' table style, grid outline colour 'White', Row padding = 12, title off, Field formatting for 'Category' field - Alignment = 'Right'

Second visual is a bar chart with no legend, no X,Y axes.

Bar chart with labels.JPG

Here's the example file - hope that helps!

PBIX file

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian_M
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It's a pain, the axes text alignment is controlled by an algorithm and you can't fix it with a single visual

I was able to get the result by using two visuals, a single column table visual with right aligned text (trick is to adjust the row padding to space the table rows out the same amount) and the horizontally narrow bar chart visual with no axes, titles etc. You might want to add the legend by snipping the legend as a picture and reinserting - that way the legend doesn't get cropped as well.

You get the right result by juggling the table row padding, and adjusting the vertical size of the adjacent bar chart until the table rows line up with the respective bar chart categories.

Table Formatting

'Sparse' table style, grid outline colour 'White', Row padding = 12, title off, Field formatting for 'Category' field - Alignment = 'Right'

Second visual is a bar chart with no legend, no X,Y axes.

Bar chart with labels.JPG

Here's the example file - hope that helps!

PBIX file

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Lay out options for the Y-axis of visuals can be found in the format pane of the visual, see picture below:

Capture.PNG

If you enable the  Y-axis it should show at all times. Hope this is what you searched for.

Regards,

L.Meijdam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.