Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prajwalkumari
Frequent Visitor

Xml data

My data source is Xml file.I imported file to power bi but i am not getting how to create dashboard by using this file.

I am new to power BI,please can anyone help and can share the screenshots.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Prajwalkumari,

Based on my research, we can connect Power BI to MongoDB via MongoDB ODBC Driver generally. You can refer to below links:

Power BI & MongoDB

MongoDB ODBC Driver for Data Integration with Power BI

However, MongoDB is not a supported built-in data source in Power BI right now. Here is an idea about allowing users to directly connect to MongoDB: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7017782-mongodb, you can click to vote it up.

By the way, as you have resolved the original issue, if you have some other questions, I would suggest you post them as new threads so that more community members can see and provide their advice.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Prajwalkumari,

Since you have successfully imported XML file into Power BI desktop, you will get some corresponding table views as source data so that you can use many visuals to display data. You can follow this video to learn the basic knowledge of using Power BI to generate reports.

If you don't know how to create dashboard, please share your sample data, it would be better you can provide your XML file or .pbix file. Also, you should tell me what is your expected result so that I can test for you.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. Problem was with my xml file.

Can you help me in getting data to powerBi from mongodb

Hi @Prajwalkumari,

Based on my research, we can connect Power BI to MongoDB via MongoDB ODBC Driver generally. You can refer to below links:

Power BI & MongoDB

MongoDB ODBC Driver for Data Integration with Power BI

However, MongoDB is not a supported built-in data source in Power BI right now. Here is an idea about allowing users to directly connect to MongoDB: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7017782-mongodb, you can click to vote it up.

By the way, as you have resolved the original issue, if you have some other questions, I would suggest you post them as new threads so that more community members can see and provide their advice.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

I need one more help. Can you please help me in getting data from sqldeveloper(oracle DB) to power BI.

And

connecting powerBI with JDEdward(ERP).

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.