Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Working with timeline and measures

Hi to everyone!

I'm kind off stuck with some measures.

In my model I have two facts tables (SALES and SALES IMS) and one period table (PERIOD). The period table is made with the dates of SALES witch is always up to date. SALES IMS is always two or three months begind.

So, I'm making a report that contains a table visual for showing sales from both tables and a time slicer with the dates in PERIOD. If in the time slicer I select jan-2017 to jun-2017 the measures of SALES will return the sales of that period. In the case of the measures from SALES IMS, they will return sales from jan-2017 to apr-2017, since apr-2017 is the last day with values. So far, this is not a problem. The problem is when I select only jun-2017, the measures from SALES will return data from that specific month, but in the case of SALES IMS will be blank. What I need is measures from SALES IMS return data from the last date with values, in case that there is no data in the selected period. I need the same for previous year sales.

Hope I'm clear.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please post a sample with measures here? Maybe you could do it yourself. It's something like this:

Sales IMS =
VAR sales = [your old measure]
RETURN
    IF (
        ISBLANK ( sales ),
        CALCULATE ( [your old measure], SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR ( period[date] ) ),
        sales
    )

The table "period" should contain continuous dates.

Best Regards!

Dale 

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

Thanks for your reply and help.

I've tried a measure like that before and didn't work. Anyway, after hours of thinking and work, I was able to work it out. The result is a measure that copied to Word fits in 10 pages. Yes! 10 pages!

The total scenary is so complex that I wouldn't know where to start explaining it.

Thanks for everything.

Have a great day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.