Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mpincince
Frequent Visitor

Word Cloud Custom Visual Has Wrong Fields and Format UI

I tried to use the Word Cloud custom visual today and it didn't work.

I noticed something strange -- Neither the Fields part nor the Format part of the UI looked right to me. Input boxes like the one for adding stop words were missing.

So I removed the existing Word Cloud visual from Power BI, then re-downloaded it from the Office Store and re-installed it. 

It still won't work.  

Here's what I see for the Fields and Format:

Fields:

CaptureFields.PNG

Format:

CaptureFormat.PNG

Notice that the icon for the Word Cloud is selected in both screen snips above. 

Any idea why this is happening? What can I do to fix this?

(I was using version 1.2.9.0 of the Word Cloud custom visual and now am using version 1.2.12.0; and I'm running Power BI version: 2.46.4732.721 64-bit (May, 2017).)

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mpincince,

What did you mean "Neither the Fields part nor the Format part of the UI looked right to me"? What is the expected UI?

I tested the latest version of Word Cloud visual (1.2.12.0) in desktop July release (2.48.4792.481), it works fine.

1.PNG       2.PNG

I noticed that you didn't add any column into corresponding fields, so some of the options under format pane are greyed out or invisible. Please add some actual fileds to this visual to see whether issue persists.

In your scenario, please update both Word Cloud visual and desktop to the latest version for a test.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft. I meant that when I went to adjust fields and format info in the panes that I shared screen clips of I didn't see what I was accustomed to seeing. In retrospect, it was really only the format part that was not displaying correctly for me. Even after I dragged a column into the 'Category' input box, the Format pane still did not show the right stuff (e.g., Stop Words, Rotate Text, etc.). ...The Word Cloud visual simply stopped working for me.

After I got your reply, I installed the July update and all is now working again. I am curious why the Word Cloud visual stopped working though. It had been working fine, before.

Thanks.

Hi @mpincince,

The problem you came across is very odd. But glad to hear that it works agian with July release in your environment.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lugog

I have the same problem .  My word cloud visual is no longer working.   Fields and format part aren't complete just like you showed in your screenshots.  Looking for help with this .   Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.