Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wjrasmussen

Want to Learn DAX and Power BI. Is there a VM, Docker or Virtual Lab for this?

Want to Learn DAX and Power BI.  Is there a VM, Docker or Virtual Lab for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @wjrasmussen,

You sign up an new account  as the sharing picture above, then sign out your current account, you can use the new account it sign in.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
EnterpriseDNA
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Recommendation to start here with these free courses
Ultimate Beginners Guide to Power BI
Ultimate Beginner Guide to DAX

Free Power BI resource downloads available here

Review some recent free training workshops from Enterprise DNA for some real-world application of Power BI (links below)
Discovering Advanced Insights w/Power BI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzgNUYz8_TI&t=308s
Effective Power BI Reporting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwawCW_3mI4

For advanced training check out all the courses and resources available at Enterprise DNA Online

Also Enterprise DNA TV for Power BI topic deep dives
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wjrasmussen,

For learning Power BI, you can download a Power BI desktop and install. For Power BI service, you can sign up a free acount from here .

1.PNG

After install it well, you can learn DAX to create calcualted column and measures. I post the following arctile links, please review.

Tutorial: Create your own measures in Power BI Desktop
Guided Learning
Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) Reference

Best Regards,
Angelia

I did install PowerBI last week but it doesn't allow me to login with my account...

Hi @wjrasmussen,

For Power BI desktop, you can use it without account, it is software in like word in your local office. If you want to use the Power BI service, you must sign up an account.

Thanks,
Angelia

That login popup is really intrusive. You have a login in the upper corner already. So what is a new user to think when you force a login popup?

Hi @wjrasmussen,

You sign up an new account  as the sharing picture above, then sign out your current account, you can use the new account it sign in.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.