Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sjeanph

Want charts to display unique entry not add them

Hi Power BI community!

So I'm starting to use Power BI and I'm trying to visualize NBA MVP data that I have and there is instances where players have won the MVP title multiple times.So I downloaded a heat map and tried to use it and it looks like the players that have won multiple times have their stats  added and shown in one in instance.I want it to show every entry without anything being added.Please help and thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sjeanph,

What kind of visualization do you want? Maybe you can add [Year] or [Season] into your visualization, the stats would be separate. Could you please share your data and the result you want?

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sjeanph

Hi Power BI community!

So I'm starting to use Power BI and I'm trying to visualize NBA MVP data that I have and there is instances where players have won the MVP title multiple times.So I downloaded a heat map and tried to use it and it looks like the players that have won multiple times have their stats  added and shown in one in instance.I want it to show every entry without anything being added.Please help and thanks in advance!

Hi @sjeanph

Do you have some sample data or a screenshot of what is currently happening and what you expect to happen?

It is very difficult to help without having any actual data to look at.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Capture.JPG

@GilbertQ ,Yeah sorry I was trying to add it before but I could'nt find the insert photos button.I don't know if you can see it but the darkest column is Micheal jordan because it adds all the entries of him into one column and same for the others.I want each entry to have its own column.

Capture1.JPG

here is some data as well

bump!

Hi @sjeanph

I cannot see the image clearly enough to see the underlying data. But if you watned to see the unique entry you could possibly put an index column in the Query Editor when bringing the data in which would then allow you to have a unique row per data.

Or you could do a DISTINCTCOUNT on your column which would then only count it once?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.