Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Supriya
Frequent Visitor

Want To Hide Some Data on Dashboard...Is it Possible?

Hi All,

Before Selecting any of the value in Chicletslicer I want The Dashboard to be blank with no Visual and no content , Is this Possible?

If Yes Then How to do it?

I have tried the HASONEVALUE() Function . but Its not working in my case. I have to choose  column not the Measure .

Please Suggest.

5 REPLIES 5
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Supriya

I've had some success using R-Script but you will need a Pro licence to get it working in Prod

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Phil, Could you pls share some details about R-script you mentioned? I have a similar problem in my KPI dashboard , i need to hide values but to show it's consequences as separate column/measure. Thanks,

Hi @Anonymous

Download the super simple file from here

https://wgtnpowerbi-my.sharepoint.com/personal/phil_wgtnpowerbi_onmicrosoft_com/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=0f0ac4c8044894fdc8fb149470baf9f1e&authkey=AaG8buEJquvS13HxV4YVyBg

You probably need to setup R on your machine for the visuals to render.  But the basic logic is there.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Supriya

Power BI doesn't support hide/show visuals. You can check some idea like Show/Hide Visualizations and vote it up.

May I know why you'd like to hide the visuals? If for security purpose, maybe you can check Row level security.

Thank you @Eric_Zhang.

I don't want to summerize the data/values for the values in the ChicletSlicer..thats why I am searching about hide the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.