Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhmiller89
Helper V
Helper V

Wait Time

I have "Date Opened" and "Action Date" I need to calculate number of minutes between the open date and the first action date

I was thinking something like 

= MIN(ActionDate) - DateOpened

because eacch item will have multiple "actions" but I need the time between the item being opened to the first action being taken

I feel like I"m on the right track but not quite there 

3 REPLIES 3
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @bhmiller89,

Did you mean this?

Measure with DATEDIFF() function:

Wait Time =
DATEDIFF (
    MAX ( 'Action'[DateOpened] ),
    CALCULATE (
        MIN ( 'Action'[ActionDate] ),
        ALLEXCEPT ( 'Action', 'Action'[Actions] )
    ),
    MINUTE
)

3.PNG

If it doesn't satisfy your requirement, please share us some sample data which we can copy and paste directly and its corresponding expected result.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

@v-xjiin-msft

That didn't seem to work.

Capture.JPG

Here's an Incident that has two actions. I need the number of minutes between the OpenDate and the very first Action StartDate. So in this case it should be somewhere around 38 minutes but the formula is spitting out that weird number. The OpenDate for the Incident and the StartDate of the Action are in two different tables if that matters 

Hi @bhmiller89,

Yes. That matters.

Please share us your table structure and some sample data which we can copy and paste directly. Or if you can share us your pbix file with One Drive or Google Drive, it'll help us a lot to know your actual situation.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.