Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ali_zaheer
Regular Visitor

WSUS to PowerBI

Hi All,

I need help with creating PowerBI report from WSUS internal database and wanted to check if someone has done this before? So far, I am able to import the db but there is so much data. Unfortunately, SCCM template for powerbi is not an option.

I need to be able to show how many CIs have the approved updates.

Thanks for help

6 REPLIES 6
prajeeshvellur

Hello , Did anyone crack WSUS DB into a PowerBI report now?  

AlexMilotin

Hello,

I know this is an old topic, but I was wondering if you were able to find a solution for yourself.

I have a native WSUS environment (not through SCCM) and i would like to create a reporting dashboard in PowerBI

There was nothing i could find online so far and using the SCCM config mgr one didn't helped me to much

MBrown80

I have some queries for SQL Reporting Services, but haven't tried with PowerBI yet. That would be my next endeavor. I may be able to scrub these queries and share some of them with you.

JuanEFernandez

You must have SQL 2012 or superior, not internal or WID Database, and use the Dyrect Query through PowerBI Desktops and upload to the portal.

JuanEFernandez

You must have a WSUS with SQL (no WID or internal) in 2012 or superior.

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ali_zaheer,

>>I am able to import the db but there is so much data.

You mean you have connect the database using Power BI desktop successfully? While there is few data when you connect the database? And I am still confusing: "show how many CIs have the approved updates." Could you please share more details for further analysis?

In addition, this Power BI document enables you to view site information from System Center Configuration Manager 2012. And there are some other articles for your reference. 

Build your first SCCM ConfigMgr Dashboard
HOW TO INSTALL AND CONFIGURE SCCM POWER BI DASHBOARD

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.