Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pavan2
Frequent Visitor

Visualizing textual data that appears in the surveys

Hi All,

We are creating Survey dashboard

1) As each survey have multiple question followed with different answer options (agree, disagree, Stongly agree, strongly disagree) for the participant to choose.

2) But for few questions we wil be having space (____________) to fill our comments.

From first part we were able to create the visualization by provising the display order for answer options, where as we are unable to create visualization for the textual data which are coming from second part.

Need quick help on how to create textual visualization

Thanks

Pavan

2 REPLIES 2
cpearson
Resolver I
Resolver I

A bit late to the party here but I came across this post while looking for the same type of help. I think a nicer looking solution for survey comments is to use the "Card Browser" visualisation. It's like the Card visual but much more powerful, I have put each verbatim comment on a card and the user can navigate through them and click to expand them for the longer comments. Looks much nicer.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Assuming that you have your response data (Strongly agree, agree, etc.) in some type of a matrix or bar/column chart, you could then display your comments in a separate table of just comments (one comment per line).  Turn on cross-filtering between the two visuals.  When you click on the martrix row name (Agree, Disagree, etc. or even on a respondent's name) it will filter your comments table to show only the applicable comments for the selected category.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors