Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fitin1rb
Helper III
Helper III

Visio Integration

Hello

I am trying to integrate a Visio Diagram into my Power BI Report.  I have created my Visio Diagram, put it in my OneDrive for Business Library and pulled the URL and pasted it into the Visio Custom Visual Box in Power BI and click "CONNECT".  However, I get an error that reads "Required Parameter missing: cannot process URL.

So i did some research and it says that all Visio URLs must contain a WopiFrame.aspx Parameter but my URL from OneDrive does not.  Do I need to manually add it? If so, where do I add it? Do I need to upload my Visio diagram differently to OneDrive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Ryan

5 REPLIES 5
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Fitin1rb,

Make sure you open it in a new browser tab, not just click Copy link.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Roshah
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Fitin1rb,

Is your OneDrive for Business on an on-premise environment (if your SharePoint server is on-premise)?

If so, this will not work. To understand the problem, can you send the URL to tellvisio@microsoft.com?

Thanks,

Rohan Shah

When I open the diagram in a new browser it give me a 'VisioWebAccess..aspx parameter. 

When I open a word doc or excel sheet it gives me the wopiframe.aspx parameter.

I have noticed that when I open the Visio Diagram, it does not give me the 'Visio Online' banner up top and I am not able to edit the diagram without opening it in Visio Professional on my desktop.  But in the word and excel files, when I open them from my SharePoint the have the banner (Word Online, Excel Online) and I am able to edit the files right on my SharePoint.....

Do I need the have Visio Online to do this?  If so, why does that not come with my Visio Professional desktop?

Thanks
Ryan

Hello @Fitin1rb,

Looking at your response, i believe you are on an on-premise environment. To confirm the same, can you share your tenant name or the organization name? For deeper engagement, please reach out to us at tellvisio@microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Rohan Shah

Did you resolved problem. i have same problem. cant show any visio visualisation on report server. on desktop everything works perfectly. i think it can be connected with security or account cant see connection between accounts of visio, onedrive, 365,  sharepoint.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.