Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rhildeb1
Regular Visitor

Values in chart are changing when I add a legend

Below are two charts with exactly the same data. The only difference is in the second one, I've added a field to the "legend" category. 

The data has the same shape, but not the same values (Note the scale to the left has completely changed).

This happens no matter what field I add to the legend area.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Any idea how I fix it?

Thanks!

chart_unfiltered.PNGChart_Filtered.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the same issue in my graph. The problem was that the negative values were set to 0. There usually is an "i" icon on the graph in these cases.

Q-Reporter
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. Adding a legend changes the amount of displayed data. I am using a measure as a filter for the visual. When I generate a column in the table which refers to the measure and use this column as the filter, the problem is gone.Power BI Influence of Legend.png

ZuzanaT
Regular Visitor

I ran into this issue too and I noticed little "i" in the top left corner. I can't see it in your photos, but maybe it's there too and you just have too much data.

littlei.png

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rhildeb1,

I could not reproduce the same problem as yours. Would you please post some sample data for test?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.