Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mshashmi
Frequent Visitor

Using where clause

Hi

I want to make a visual where I want something like 'where' clause. 

Suppose I have two tables and I want those rows from table1 where table1.column1=table2.column3

Can it be done using conditions or do I need to merge both tables?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mshashmi,

You can use CROSSJOIN function as follows.

First, change your column header name, which make them different in different tables. Because, crossjoin function is unsupported for same column names.

2.PNG

Then, click "New Table" under Modeling on Home page, type the following formula, you will get expected result.

Table = FILTER(CROSSJOIN(Table1,Table2),Table1[Tab1-Column2]=Table2[Tab2-Column2])

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@mshashmi  

can you be more specific about what you are trying to do?  examples of data, screenshots etc.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg

I have to make a table visual. I have around 10 tables. I have joined all tables without any issue. Now for my report, I need to use a condition in which I need to display those rows whose value in one table eqauls that in another table

Table1

Column1     Column2

ABC                1

QWE               2

XVC                 3

KFH                 6

Table2

Column1     Column2

123                   2

646                   6

987                   1

Now I want complete data of all columns of table1 where table1.column2=table2.column2

ie first, second and fourth row should be displayed as only that value is present in table2.column2

Hi @mshashmi,

You can use CROSSJOIN function as follows.

First, change your column header name, which make them different in different tables. Because, crossjoin function is unsupported for same column names.

2.PNG

Then, click "New Table" under Modeling on Home page, type the following formula, you will get expected result.

Table = FILTER(CROSSJOIN(Table1,Table2),Table1[Tab1-Column2]=Table2[Tab2-Column2])

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.