Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rohampourmehr
Frequent Visitor

Using the Date as filter for 2 data sources.

Hi - I have imported data from 2 Salesforce Objects into PBI.

I have used a field called "id" to create a connection between these 2 objects data sources in PBI.

Both objects incldue a "CreatedDate" field which is in the same format in both objects. However PBI recognizse these "CreatedDate" fields as 2  distinct fields and treats them differently.

I was planning to use the "CreatedDate" filed as a filter, and now i have to create 2 date filters for each tab. 1 for graphs which use first object data and one for graphs that use seocnd obejct data.

Any help is apperetiated.

Thank you,

Roham

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @rohampourmehr

Another option to consider is to create a Calendar table that you connect to both your Salesforce tables on CreateDate.  Then use the Date column from your Calendar table in your slicer.  Connect any additional tables to this as well.  That way any filtering you apply to your Calendar table, will filter down to your SalesForce tables.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rohampourmehr,

Have you tried the solution provided by @Phil_Seamark above? Does it work in your scenario? If it works, could you accept it as solution to close this thread?

If you still have any question on this issue, feel free to post here. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rohampourmehr,

Have you tried the solution provided by @Phil_Seamark above? Does it work in your scenario? If it works, could you accept it as solution to close this thread?

If you still have any question on this issue, feel free to post here. Smiley Happy

Regards

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @rohampourmehr

Another option to consider is to create a Calendar table that you connect to both your Salesforce tables on CreateDate.  Then use the Date column from your Calendar table in your slicer.  Connect any additional tables to this as well.  That way any filtering you apply to your Calendar table, will filter down to your SalesForce tables.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamarkthank you for your help Phil.

Happy Holidays!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.