Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asjones
Helper IV
Helper IV

Using Dax Studio to Get Both Measures and Colulmns with Table Names

(was not sure where else to post a Dax Studio Question... hoping it will work here)

I am new to Dax Studio, but have been reading and playing around. I would like to better document for reference all my DAX Measures and Calculated Columns, tables, etc (that I created  ..... not Date or others done by Power BI).

I can do this to get a list of all Measures

select * from $SYSTEM.TMSCHEMA_MEASURES

I can do this do get calculated Columns, but it gives me other system generated ones.

select * from $SYSTEM.TMSCHEMA_COLUMNS where [Type]  = 2;

I was playing around with various techniques to get table names not numbers with the columns, but not gotten that to work yet. Ideally I would have one query to get Calculated Columns and Measures, and calculated tables I might have created but not PBI. Return the name, the expression and for the table for the Columns/Measures for where they reside.

I started reviewing this site as a good resource, but still was lost.

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/getting-started-dax-studio/

Originally I figured someone else had already worked through this to grab all their DAX work out of a PBIX file, so surprised I could not find it.

Thanks

Alan

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @asjones,

I would suggest you post this thread on a more related forum to get DAX studio support.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.