Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hsharma
Frequent Visitor

Using Calculated Measure as a value in a Line Chart

Hello, I have a question about using calculated measure as value in a line chart. In this report, the Acceptance and Yield percentages for different years are calculated manually by dividing total admitted by total applied, and total enrolled by total admitted. It works with matrix, but somehow BI doesn't let me put the measure as values to make a line chart to go with the table. Is there a way to do it?Adm and Yield question.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nevermind. I realized I used "& "%"" to add % to the numbers in the measure. That was the reason. I fixed it. Thank you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I must be misunderstanding something, you can use a measure in the Values area of a line chart visualization.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Nevermind. I realized I used "& "%"" to add % to the numbers in the measure. That was the reason. I fixed it. Thank you!

Hi @Hsharma,

As the problem got resolved, could you accept your reply above as solution to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

Ah yes, that would turn it into Text and then you are correct, you would not be able to use that in Values, it would want to count it or some such nonsense!

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Does it? Somehow mine is not letting me do it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.