Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

abukapsoun
Post Patron
Post Patron

User Input for filtering

Hi,

I believe it is not possible but I am just trying my luck. I have a visual that is displaying results based on the visual level filters. Displaying values that are less than "5"

Is there a way, where I can create a visual where I can input the value I want to use in the filter instead of doing it on the visualization tab?

In other words, I want to give the option for users who are seeing the report to be able to filter based on custom value instead of a pre-defined one. 

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@abukapsoun wrote:

Hi,

I believe it is not possible but I am just trying my luck. I have a visual that is displaying results based on the visual level filters. Displaying values that are less than "5"

Is there a way, where I can create a visual where I can input the value I want to use in the filter instead of doing it on the visualization tab?

In other words, I want to give the option for users who are seeing the report to be able to filter based on custom value instead of a pre-defined one. 

thanks,

@abukapsoun

Instead of applying visual level filter, you can create a what if parameter and control the data presentence with a tricky measure like

isShown =
IF (
    SUM ( Table1[Column2] ) <= Parameter[Parameter Value]
        || ISBLANK ( Parameter[Parameter Value] ),
    SUM ( Table1[Column2] ),
    BLANK ()
)

whatif.gif

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@abukapsoun wrote:

Hi,

thanks,

@abukapsoun

Instead of applying visual level filter, you can create a what if parameter and control the data presentence with a tricky measure like

isShown =
IF (
    SUM ( Table1[Column2] ) <= Parameter[Parameter Value]
        || ISBLANK ( Parameter[Parameter Value] ),
    SUM ( Table1[Column2] ),
    BLANK ()
)

whatif.gif

WolfBiber
Employee
Employee

Hey,

I think you can't reach this goal with onboard visual.

But try i.e. "Text Filter" in Custom VisualsUnbenannt.png

Greetings,

Wolf

Over 4 years after the fact this was posted, it has saved me some headaches.  Thank you for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.