Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Up and Down Arrow in KPI

Do we have any way to show Up and Down arrow with Green and Red color in KPI?

Do we have any other way to achieve this?

10 REPLIES 10
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Shubham,

If you mean the Red/Green/Yellow indicator in KPI visual, currently it is still not completed, check the Idea link below:

When will the KPI Red/Yellow/Green Indicators be available on PowerBI Desktop?

Apologize to say that currently I have no workarounds with the color.

Please vote up this idea if possible.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-micsh-msft Partially I achieved. I used Up and Down arrow as a text "⇧","⇩" and concatenate with measure value. it is giving the up arrow in green and down arrow in red but goal % is coming as "NAN" because measure is now as a Text which is not giving goal %. 

😞 😞

Hi Shubham,

Glad to hear that you have a workaround.

Showing the proper text using measure is available, and as you have already determined, text can't be numbers.

Please vote for the idea I posted, this feature shoud be completed soon in the furture.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi..

@v-micsh-msft @Greg_Deckler @ankitpatira

Do you guys have any idea how can I achieve this type of Up and Down bold arrows in Red and Green color.

I have seen this report in Partner Showcase:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-showcase/avanade-digitalworkplaceinsights/

Up and Down arrow.jpg

@Anonymous

Well, the author of that report did not provide the PBIX file to look at but I will say that there are two possibilities:

1. That report looks to have quite a few custom visuals that are not part of the gallery. There is the possibility that those visualizations are custom visuals that the author has developed.
  2. The arrow graphic looks suspiciously like the default arrow available in Shapes visualization. To my knowledge, there is no way to autoformat that Shape based upon a measure or column or anything like that. There is the possiblity that they simply formatted the shape color and it is not truly tied to the data (which would be bad as you would have to manually update the color/direction based upon the data). While I do not want to believe that this is the case, there is some credence given that this is the case because if you expand one of those graphics to "focus mode" you only get the number and not the arrow, potentially indicating that the arrow is a separate visualization. Now, it could very well be a separate visualization as a custom visual that IS tied to the data but without the PBIX file it is really difficult to tell.

If I was a betting man, I would bet that the arrow graphic is a separate, custom visualization that is tied to the data somehow but that is a pure guess on my part. You could try using the "Contact partner" link and ask them.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Yes you right, on focus mode it is showing only number. I think these are the images, because shapes can not hide at runtime.

I will definitely contact with this partner and update here. 

Hi Shubham, just wanted to follow up and see if you got any feedback from the partner or figure out how to have those arrows connected with the information?

thanks!

Cris

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see clikcing on images do exist in the dashboard, is there any work around clicking on images in power bi.

Thanks,
Thimma

Hi, i'm looking for the same, any luck creating this view? or feedback from the partner?

thanks!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Perhaps this custom visual? https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/KPIStatusWithHistory1446562283967

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.