Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tlenzmeier
Helper II
Helper II

Unusal YTD Calculation

I have a vexing problem in calculating a YTD amount. In the construction world, revenue is determined by calculating the percentage of completion. This is the sum of all actual costs at a point in time divided by the sum of all total projected costs. This percentage is then multiplied by the current contract amount at the same point in time. This is done every month and results in a month-to-date revenue amount. The YTD is based on total costs divided by total projection multiplied by contract amount. So the monthly revenue amount needs to be summed for the current period. Hopefully, the attached spreadsheet adequately conveys the calculation. I have tried numerous ways to capture only the MTD amounts for the YTD total, but either the DAX doesn't work or I crash the application.Data with DAX formulasData with DAX formulas

2 REPLIES 2
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @tlenzmeier

This sounds do-able, but is there any chance of getting a copy of your sheet to save typing in data.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.