Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Samy_Badaoui

Union formula date management error

HI All,

I am facing an issue while using the UNION formaula to create a new table based on 3 others.

My issue is linked to the date management.

THe origine source contains a date format (adjusted by Query Editor) European Style: DD/MM/YYYY

Once the Union formula is applied (with no error) the date is displayed in US format MM/DD/YYYY

which of course corrupt the results and the KPIs I am creating.

Could you please confirm the bug?

Thanks in advance for your Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Samy_Badaoui

Hi Qiuyun Yu ,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Actually I double cheked the format of the source data, and I found out that it was set to "Any" instead of "Date". As the display was in italic and at the right I thought that the format was correct.

By doing the adjustment, the data are now correct.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Samy_Badaoui,

It seems the issue is fixed now? If it is, would you please mark a helpful reply as an answer so we can close this thread?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Samy_Badaoui

Hi Qiuyun Yu ,

Actually I double cheked the format of the source data, and I found out that it was set to "Any" instead of "Date". As the display was in italic and at the right I thought that the format was correct.

By doing the adjustment, the data are now correct.

Best regards,

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Samy_Badaoui,

How did you adjust the date to Europe format in Query Editor? Please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue. 

Based on my test, if the local machine region is English(UK), the data load in Query Editor and data model are in DD/MM/YYYY format. When we use the DAX =Union('table1','table2') to get new table, we can also change the date column to use DD/MM/YYYY format. 

q2.PNGq3.PNG

So in your scenario, please make sure your local region is using DD/MM/YYYY format. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors