Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to link JIRA to Power BI

I've been trying to get data from JIRA and I'm not able to get populate data at all. I'm getting this error as in this screenshot, and couldn't make heads or tails out of it. 

Capture.PNG

Can someone tell me what this means, and how to fix this? Also, can someone please give me the steps to linking JIRA to Power BI ? Thanks in advance! 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Here is one link to try

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/explore-your-jira-data-with-power-bi/

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did check this link earlier and I followed the same steps as mentioned in the link. But I'm not able to get past the connection step! This screen has been on for the past hour! 😞 

Capture_Error.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, I am able to connect to JIRA from Power BI service.

In your scenario, can you link JIRA to Power BI successfully now? Please login to your JIRA site to verify your current credential is valid.

If you can login JIRA site without any problem, but still cannot connect to it from Power BI, I would suggest you create a support ticket: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft I have a question. Can I link both cloud version of JIRA and the version that gets hosted on internal servers?

Hi @Anonymous

I don't think the on-premise version of JIRA works with the gateway (for refreshing) just yet.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The on-premise version is the one on cloud, right? 

Sorry I'm asking too many questions! I'm too new to all of this! 😞

@AnonymousHello, I experience the same problem after updating Power BI to the newest April Update. Prior to this version everything worked and had no issues. Also my Jira credentials are valid.

I will go ahead and submit a support ticket for this issue as I currently cannot downgrade to prior version of Power BI

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DanielV91 That would be nice. Let me know what they say 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.