Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vickyd
Helper V
Helper V

Unable to connect to Sharepoint List

I am trying to connect to a Sharpeoint List that I have access to but not able to get through. 

As suggested in a few posts I'm using the URL of the base site e.g. https://ops.portal.companyname.com. The site uses Azure single sign-on. However, I'm always getting the error below. 

Sharepoint Error.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vickyd,

Were you using the OData connector or the SharePoint Online List connector?

What authentication type did you use, anonymous, Windows or Microsoft account? 

Such an connection error ("neither OData service or feed") can be caused by incorrect credentails. Please check whether you provided valid login account.

If you weren't prompted for a username/password it's possible you already had credentials stored. You could try deleting your credentials and connecting again.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft wrote:

Hi @vickyd,

Were you using the OData connector or the SharePoint Online List connector?

What authentication type did you use, anonymous, Windows or Microsoft account? 

Such an connection error ("neither OData service or feed") can be caused by incorrect credentails. Please check whether you provided valid login account.

If you weren't prompted for a username/password it's possible you already had credentials stored. You could try deleting your credentials and connecting again.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Sharepoint List is what I am using. 

Our Sharepoint site uses Azure AD authentication so typically we enter our login credentials in the browser. I used Windows Authentication i.e. "Use my current credentials" as well as "Use alternate credentials" in Power BI. Both are giving same error.

I deleted Windows credentials from Credential Manager and also deleted any stored connections in the Data Source settings in Power BI.  No luck. 

Note: I don't have access to the base sharepoint site. I only ahve access to a sub-site under the base company sharepoint portal. However, I did try entering base site URL as well as the sub-site URL. Same error for both. 

Hi @vickyd,

Currently, Power BI desktop doesn't support Azure AD authentication.

You could upvote this idea or add your own comments under the idea.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

problem sharepoint lists 2010 with power bi desktop, we are stopped and we can not move forward, I have many customers with sharepoint 2010 and I can not attend them, who can help me please

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.